The projects below are from the old site. If you would like to tell us about your project, please visit the Visitor Project Comment Page where you can upload your pictures and tell us about your project.
Ken Denman wrote a wonderful article "Bringing an Outboard out of Storage" in Microsoft Word format. Thanks Ken, I am sure that others will find this useful.
This is my finished ’56 Lightwin, model 3018. Did a complete tune up along with new seals in the lower unit. Since the tank had a number of dents and the original paint was in pretty bad shape, I stripped it down and just painted the tank and cowlings. I also decided against new decals so I just hand painted the tank shield and control plate. This great running little kicker pushes my 8’ dinghy at a pretty good clip around Lake Kewoee in upstate South Carolina, fishing for bass and bluegill.
I finished overhauling my motor using your article's and wanted to let you know that it was a success. The local marina said the motor wasn't worth the effort and cost and quoted me over $500 to get it running. I believe I have about $120 into it with the impeller, carb rebuild kit, points, condenser, coils, plugs and lube. And these were stock items. I can't wait to get it into the lake and see what it can do. It started on the first pull too! This motor belonged to my wife's grandfather and hasn't run in about 40 years, her uncle had it stored in his basement, it actually had fuel or what was fuel at one time, in the tank. Thanks for the website, it truly helped me out a lot, and made it very easy to accomplish.